Of all the things you would consider sexy, food should be on your short list. Good food, that's good for you, is just plain sexy. After all, some of the best foods are naked; they are free of being over-processed and over-packaged. They are simple, nutritious, and versatile.
Even with the purity of this subject matter, you do not have to go 100% organic. I'll also stop short of recommending that you seek out vegetarian, unless you already are (a vegetarian). Instead, I'll list everyday foods that have higher levels of nutrients related to your body's need for basic cellular regeneration. Adding these foods to your diet will incorporate health benefits without sacrificing taste. And who knows? The side effect of feeling and looking better may even be a lost pound or two. Now that's sexy.
The Top 10 Sexiest Foods List:
10) Salomon , tuna, cod, and other cold-water fish high in omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids play a crucible role in brain function. Need to dress it up? Think: spicy tuna roll sushi.
9) Strawberries : High in vitamin C, and antioxidants, this sinful fruit is oh, so good for you.
8) Ice Cream : Did you think the ice cream would make the list? It's high in calcium and protein, and, ate in moderation, is pleasing on so many levels.
7) Melon : All melons are rich with beta-carotene, vitamin C, and potassium.
6) Oysters : These high-protein, low-cholesterol, mollusks are low in fat and an excellent source of zinc. Many men's health studies suggest that a diet rich in zinc helps to promote prostate health.
5) Bananas : Among the many benefits of bananas are: strong bones, good eyesight, and urinary tract health. However, bananas also contain tryptophan, which the body can convert to seratonin; seratonin can contribute to a calmer emotional state.
4) Tomatoes : Maybe this one is not a surprise, but it still makes the top 5. Tomatoes contain beta-carotene and several other carotenoids, including lycopene, which, according to the USDA, are potential agents of prevention for some forms of cancer. Tomatoes are also high in potassium which may be beneficial in stroke prevention.
3) Nuts : High in fiber, Vitamin E, selenium, and the omega-3 fats (the good fats), they contain many of the same benefits as fish (… but are a more portable snack at the movies.)
2) Potatoes : Higher in potassium than even bananas, potatoes also offer high amounts of vitamin C and B6, both of which are beneficial for your body's ability to regenerate and heal. Tied for second place is cheese, and for the same reason ice cream made the list, above. It's packed with calcium and protein, and a great snack!
1) Pasta : Contains thiamine, folic acid, iron, riboflavin, niacin, protein. Also high in "slow-release" carbohydrates, you'll often hear of endurance athletes eating pasta for longer-term energy. Why number one? Pasta is the second-most requested food item on every dinner table in the USA. It can be combined with just about every other item on this list to make a great meal. It can be a side dish, or a main course. It can be simple, or complex. Large, or small. It is so versatile and healthy, it deserves to be the # 1 sexiest food.
As a bonus, I'll throw in red wine. Yes, red wine. In moderation, it is high in phenolic antioxidants, which help to keep LDL (bad) cholesterol in check. … but remember, the keyword is: moderation. Alcohol can completely negate the effects of healthy eating. Just be responsible.
So, after reading the facts, are you inspired to vocalize an unfettered, "That's hot!", A la hotel heiress socialite style? Go on, say it. It's true. Eating well is sexy!