While most people believe that water is the king of all health drinks, there are smarter options that make water consumption more productive. For instance, have you heard about alkaline drinks? These help the body support a healthy pH balance. While most drinking water is slowly alkaline, many health conscious consumers choose to boost the alkalinity of their water with herbal health drinks.
These herbal drinks can act as agents to make sure the water gets to the cells and is not just flushed away down the toilet. When processed correctly and mixed with water, herbal ingredients can contain active plant enzymes. These plant enzymes help the water permeate the walls of your cells and deliver nutrients, including H2O to the right places.
When the cells can efficiently absorb the water you consume then waste and toxins can be washed away at a faster rate. This provides an advanced, yet simple solution for detoxifying and rehydrating internal cells, organs and tissues to feel significant results throughout the body. The key is to find the right health drinks that contain properly processed herbal ingredients.
Of course, there are so many health drinks to pick from today that it is confusing to distinguish the serious options from the applicants. So, here are a few tips for selecting the highest quality options without falling victim to hype and slick advertising.
Avoid these ingredients :
- Sugar (unnecessary calories from things like high fructose corn syrup, cane juice, and even honey, unless it is raw)
- Chemical preservatives, additives, excito-toxins and flavorings (like MSG)
- Caffeine (real health drinks do not need caffeine to give you a boost)
- Guarana, Taurine or medicinal herbs (food grade herbs are better for the body)
- Isolated vitamins (Man-made recreations of vitamins and minerals do not offer the same benefits as whole food nutrients.
- Phosphoric acid or other acidic ingredients (these lead to pH imbalances)
Beyond the nutrition facts label, it is also a good idea to know how your health drinks are processed. Is it possible to know whether they contain active plant enzymes? Can you discern if the nutrients are protected from high heat in the manufacturing processes? Are the ingredients more alkaline than acid?
The answer to these questions is usually, "no". However, there are a few select alternatives made with this kind of attention to detail. Searching online for natural health drinks or concentrated natural drinks will yield results.
Here are some common characteristics of herbal health drink s:
- No sugar
- No artificial sweeteners
- No chemicals
- Very low in calories
- Whole food nutrients
- Active plant enzymes
- Carefully processed and packaged
- Natural antioxidants, not isolated vitamins
- Alkaline by nature, not acidic
Soft drinks, energy drinks, coffee, and sports drinks are all typically very acidic. Focusing on alkaline drinks with the most natural ingredients will help offset all the acid foods and drinks that most people consume. The alkalinity of your health drinks can play a major role in total body wellness, so selecting your beverages carefully is worth the extra effort.